Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Aren't we all.... the same?

And Timmy ‘pooped’. Right in the middle of the park. I went ahead, glad my dog won’t mess the house. Chalta-hai.

I honked at the biker but the bloody traffic light went red. I went ahead. I was late for office. Some kharcha-paani to the cops is any day better than losing a day’s salary.

A movie with my friends is hhhmmmm. But without an advance ticket it is grrrrrrrrrr. I went ahead. What’s the big deal? I can get them in black.

Skimming the newspapers with my dad, I saw the blown up election campaigns. I went ahead and turned the page. “Politicians are all same old shameless, money-minded and corrupt fellows!”

But then aren't we all.... the same?

If yes, it’s time we made amends. Remember the school wala rhyme:

Little drops of water and tiny bits of sand

Make the mighty ocean and the pleasant land. 

Let’s shed our complacency. And take an oath to become responsible citizens of our nation.

Its only we who can bring an attitude change within our nation.

4 comments:

  1. this s very true...u ve no rit to blam a politician as long as u r a gud citizen..all of us need to change...only then ll india improve..just a change in the leadership will not bring a makeover to india..every particle wud matter...u nd me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL WRITTW=EN PIECE, THAT SPEAKS THE TRUTH...WE ALL HAVE BEEN CURSING THE POLITICIANS AND THEIR DIRTY POLITICS FOR LONG ENOUGH WITHOUT SEIG WHAT WE ALL ARE BUSY DOING!
    ITS HIGH TIME WE START LOOKING AT OUR OWN SELVES N CHECK WHAT WE DO AS WELL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just reading a blog on sexual harrasement meted out to women nowadays in a "COSMOPOLITAN" city like Bangalore. A few illiterate people have taken the name of moral policing to keep the city under control like this!!! As a woman all that i can say is,for some time let us kep politics aside,let us concentrate on miscreants like these and bring them to books.These anti social elements will never let India develop !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds us how easy it is to point fingers... sometimes you wonder if all the effort you put in is really worth it, for the people are really a rotten set... even i am no better for after reading the first few lines, it took me around 5 seconds to comprehend the irony, as I could see nothing wrong with Timmy pooping in the park..

    ReplyDelete